Position Function: Universal Bankers are able to perform sales, servicing and operational functions in a branch. Assist in managing an assigned portfolio of High Value Clients (HVC) to build and retain customer relationships. Identifies potential customer banking needs and cross-sells other bank products and services; refers customers to specialist as appropriate. Responsible for meeting assigned operational, cross-sale and referral goals. Participates and supports the branch management team with ongoing coaching and development activities. Opens all types of consumer and business deposit and loan products; accepts and closes secured and unsecured consumer loan and personal lines of credit applications. Certified to accept and close home equity lines of credit and loans.
The Universal Banker I,II works on assignments that are complex in nature (problem resolution, NSF decision, balancing branch, audit, safety and soundness). Function as a team leader when required. Considerable judgment and initiative required.
Performs all duties and interacts with internal and external customers in a manner aligned with the Company Core Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Exceptional Service (TIES).
Universal Banker II - 60%
- Accepts secured and unsecured consumer loan and personal lines of credit applications and able to open all types of consumer and business deposit products and related services
- Profiles customers while opening or servicing deposit accounts to determine needs.
- Actively participates in customer retention programs to build and retain customer relationships and find opportunities to acquire new relationships.
- Manages a portfolio of HVC customers to build and retain customer relationships.
- Analyzes tax returns and financial statements.
- Participates in branch or bank wide campaigns.
- Actively cross-sells and refers customers to the appropriate business partners
- Achieves all individual/branch goals as assigned which may include deposit, loan and portfolio growth goals; revenue & risk management targets.
Universal Banker II - 40%
Operational Effectiveness and Service Delivery:
- Manages risk and takes prompt action in event of discovery of any loss or irregularities in the handling of transaction documents, accounts or company assets.
- Process various transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, various payments, cash advances, U.S. Savings Bonds applications/redemption's, check cashing placing stops, cautions & holds, foreign currency exchange with minimal errors; balance teller cash on a daily basis.
- Purchase and sell cash to/from vault, assist in the replenishment of cash dispensers.
- Able to open/close and balance branch.
- Meets all service level expectations and assures a positive customer experience.
- Trains and provides guidance to new branch staff.
- Knowledge of and compliance with the state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, and the bank’s policies and procedures, affecting the employee’s job duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and related requirements, the lending, deposit, and other consumer protection regulations, and industry, ethical or fiduciary practices or standards, as applicable.
- Performs all other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) is required prior to performing any duties of a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO), if applicable.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4 year college or university or equivalent experience required.
- 2 Years demonstrated success in sales and customer service in a retail financial products industry
- 1 Year experience explaining credit products and accepting /closing loan applications.
- 1 Year team lead experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must successfully complete teller and new account certification within 6 months of hire
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, meeting deadlines, and problem resolution.
- Proficient in the use of the PC, email applications (Lotus Note) and MS Office applications.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include before and after normal work hours, weekends and holidays when necessary.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Must be able to move and lift items up to 20lbs, and perform other light physical work.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment, including phone, personal computer, copier, etc.
- Must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing with all internal and external customers. Must also be able to hear sufficiently to engage in daily discussions and interactions.
- Must be able to read and understand bank-related documents.
- Must be able to work in a Conventional office setting, involving sitting at a desk or workstation for long periods of time. Must also be able to adapt to different work environments as needed to perform the job.