A Universal Banker is the heartbeat of the branch, proactively providing an excellent customer service experience. An ideal candidate will have experience uncovering sales opportunities within the branch and well versed educating clients on our added-value services. Strong product knowledge combined with a desire to provide exceptional customer service is key to this role and the expansion at IBERIABANK. If you love building customer relationships and thrive on acquiring new clients, this could be the perfect career opportunity for you and our community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide teller/platform support as needed to keep the lines to a minimum and to provide quality customer service. Teller support would include performing daily processing of financial transactions, i.e. deposits, handling currency, coin, and cashing checks.
- Platform support would entail opening checking accounts, savings accounts, and provide all other deposit product services. Actively inform client of products/services, profile clients to identify financial needs, follow through, and close the sale.
- Have a working knowledge and understanding of other bank services, i.e. Treasury Management, Merchant Services.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product information to clients.
- Cross-sell and make referrals to bank partners to generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, participate in client calling activities during special deposit/loan campaigns.
- Responsible for taking loan application for personal/retail consumer needs and “handing off” the processing of these applications to the appropriate associate.
- Assist branch management with “on the job training” of new associates.
- Participate in branch meetings to enhance knowledge of sales initiatives/processes, bank products, operational processes and “exceptional” customer service delivery.
- Assist branch associates with all aspects of daily branch operations as needed.
- Perform all other job related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Teller or Relationship Banker role to include cash handling and sales experience.
- Ability to work with money transactions with high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.