As the nation’s leading nonprofit organization committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y offers more than just a job. We offer you a career with a future and the chance to make a lasting difference in your community. As a key member of the Wellness Department the Wellness Coach will provide extraordinary service and information to current and prospective YMCA members. The Coach will utilize excellent listening skills to engage new and existing YMCA members. The Coach will develop a program or provide guidance to new members that will enable them to reach their full potential and build relationships with members that move them along a continuum from a casual connection to a committed level through increased involvement.
As a healthy living coach, you are a critical component to assisting individuals with behavior change as they engage in a healthier lifestyle. Through passion, engagement, encouragement, coaching and meaningful connections, you create the cornerstone to their success. Successful performance in this role would see an increase in membership, member engagement and deeper relationships, members achieving well-being goals, and demonstrating behaviors of a healthy, thriving lifestyle.
• Excellent customer service and verbal skills
• Consistent positive attitude
• Ability to engage with all age groups and ability levels
• Ability to conduct activities related to fitness
• Model the YMCA Core values
• Prefer fitness and/or athletic training experience
• CPR Certification course (30 days post hire)
• Must work at least 12 hours a week to maintain individual YMCA membership
• Uphold the mission of the YMCA, and demonstrate behaviors that reflect a determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful, and welcoming nature.
• Completes required abuse risk management training. Adheres to policies and procedures in managing high-risk activities and appropriate boundaries of supervision. Reports suspicious or inappropriate behaviors and policy violations to supervisor. Follows mandated abuse reporting requirements to authorities.
• Provide courteous, prompt and sincere attention to members, guests, participants and staff.
• Provide high quality programs that meet the need of the community and members.
• Participate in instructing various programs, which include Wellbeing Consultations, Equipment Orientations and other programming.
• Responsible for Member Engagement and follow-up communication.
• Foster and build strong member relationships
• Build and maintain effective communication lines with other Wellness Center Staff and members.
• Communicate and enforce policies and guidelines for the Wellness Center.
• Maintain a safe, clean and functional Wellness Center.
• Noise level- High
• Exposure to electrical/mechanical mechanisms
STATUS: Part-time, Non exempt
STARTING SALARY: $9.00-9.40/HR+ based on Experience
Shifts Available: 4-7pm (2-3 days each week and 2 weekend shifts per month)
6am-9am and 7-10 shift available as sub.
The YMCA of Greater Louisville maintains a strong commitment to training and professional development, and has been recognized as a 2011 “Top Work Place”. As a new YMCA team member you will receive a community wide individual membership upon completion of the New Employee Orientation, program discounts, and participation in the YMCA retirement fund.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Metro United Way Agency
Benefits: a community wide individual membership
Screening Requirements: Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Health & Wellness Director
This is a Part-Time position 1st Shift, Weekends.
Number of Openings for this position: 1