Wiggins, MississippiPosition at Hood Plywood
Hood Industries, Inc. is a blend of wood manufacturing and distribution concerns that include two plywood and four lumber manufacturing plants, and fourteen specialty wood product distribution operations, located in thirteen states serving the northeast, southeast and southwest United States.
If you are a high performing professional that will safely supervise a production shift of the dry end process for a plywood mill, our role as a Dryer Supervisor
within our Plywood Division located in Wiiggins, MS is right for you. You will select, train and direct hourly workers in proper work methods, safety procedures, and skills development. You will also be expected to work with the Superintendent to plan production, determine product mix and volumes, monitor efficiencies, and gain budgeted throughput.Key Responsibilities:
What you bring to the team
- Supervise dry end activities to assure planned output at the highest practical efficiency. Work with Superintendent and Supervisors to develop production schedules and budgets and to coordinate movement of material in and out of work area. Resolve operating, scheduling, and production issues as needed.
- Assure that the production of the dry end operations meets appropriate quality standards and product specifications (dimensions, appearance, grade, etc.). Test or sample production to confirm quality and adherence to specifications. Investigate and resolve quality issues, using other plant or company resources as necessary.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner and that all areas are free of work hazards. Assure that proper safety training is provided to employees and that all company safety policies and practices are followed. Set a personal example by observing all safe work practices.
- Select, train and direct hourly production employees. Provide ongoing coaching and observe workers for potential future leadership potential. Assure that employees are acting in accordance with company human resources policies. Set a personal example by observing all company HR policies and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, excelling in teamwork.
- Excellent technical aptitude.
- Good knowledge of plant processes.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Proven safety and quality record.
- Associate degree or Bachelor's degree (preferred).
- Previous manufacturing experience required. Prior wood products experience preferred.
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- 5-10 years of experience in lumber or plywood operations with experience with industrial dryers ideally.
Hood Industries offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, cancer, life, 401k, and LTD, available first of the month following completion of one month of continuous full-time employment.
Hood Industries requires that applicants consent to a background check and a drug screen to continue in the selection process. All employment offers are contingent on meeting our background check standards and successful passing of required drug test. If hired, you will be required to provide documentation indicating your legal right to work in the U.S.