Join our talented team. Employees at Vista Outdoor are passionate and committed to delivering quality products to our customers. Our culture centers on an engaged and accountable workforce. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse workforce: rich in talent, background, ideas and experience.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The Position: Facilities Maintenance Mechanic 2
Shift: 1, Monday – Friday 7am – 330pm (on call as needed)
Our Manhattan, Montana facility is seeking a Facilities Maintenance Mechanic 2to add to our team. The Facilities Maintenance Mechanic 2is responsible for but not limited to: Under minimal supervision the candidate will perform a variety of skilled tasks in the areas of maintenance, modifications and repairs on the following machines and systems. Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment Responsible for milling and molding machinery, as well as dryers, compressors, vacuums, and filtering equipment. Perform general maintenance of the building and building systems, including HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and grounds keeping. Perform general and finish carpentry. Must be able to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics and construction blueprints. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits. Must be computer literate. Perform other work as required. This position is a direct supporter/contributor to the success of the Operations Manager and any/all delegated work is expected to positively promote the Blackhawk brand.
Responsibilities: Including but not limited to
- Perform and properly record all required maintenance tasks for specialized molding, milling, drying, cooling, and filtering machines according to machine manuals.
- Read and understand electrical/electronic schematics
- Operate test equipment to troubleshoot electrical problems
- Maintain compressor, air, and water lines used to operate fixtures and air tools.
- Maintain forklifts, scissor lifts
- CNC basic repair
- Perform finish carpentry activities including putting in doors and windows, building stairs, tables, hanging cabinets and shelves, and installing interior and exterior trim.
- Build and repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, and other wooden fixtures as needed
- Replaces light fixtures and bulbs/ballasts
- Perform periodic maintenance on the HVAC systems
- Perform plumbing activities such as repairing water leaks and replacing faucets and plumbing fittings in the plant, and maintaining the septic tank system.
- Maintain outside lighting
- Clean around dumpsters and maintain orderliness of building grounds
- Provide grounds keeping services, such as landscaping or snow removal from sidewalks and non-grass areas
- In Ground Sprinkler System maintenance
- Must accurately record all machine and building maintenance, utilizing maintenance tracking software, monthly building checklist, and documentation assigned by supervisor
- Track and organize spare parts inventory
- Effectively communicate maintenance requirements with supervisor.
- Must excel at working in a team environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive work ethic.
- Maintain a clean work area and be responsible for end of day cleaning.
- Must allow time studies and maintenance processes videotaping
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
- Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Align equipment or machinery.
- Assemble, repair, or install electrical components, subsystems, or systems.
- Assemble, repair, or install mechanical components or machine parts.
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems
- Performs other duties as assigned
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in general electrical and plumbing maintenance.
- Background in Electronic Service fundamentals
- Verifiable experience in DC and VFD drives
- Experience in PLC programming and interpretation for trouble shooting purposes
- Knowledgeable and experience in 3 phase and singe phase power distribution systems, motor controls, wiring and trouble shooting
- Experience working with 480 volt and logic circuits
- Current knowledge and understanding of NEC code
- Experience trouble shooting machine control systems
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Ability to understand and interpret electrical schematics proficiently
- Proficient in the use, functionality, indicators, set points, processes, outputs, alarms of controllers both pneumatic and electronic
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including: medical and dental, vision, disability and life insurance, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and the ability to add value to an exciting mission!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled