DSI believes that success is bred in the recruiting, selection, supervision, and training of each and every employee. Believing in the need for ongoing and perpetual training helps to set DSI apart from its competitors. Many companies give testimonials about their commitment to customer service and employee satisfaction but few deliver on that promise. That is where the DSI motto, “DWYSYWD”, comes into the picture. Simply stated, DSI strives to “DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO”.
The staff at DSI believes that if we understand the culture and mindset of our customers then we can more easily create a unique service solution to reflect it. DSI strives to create a work experience for our employees reflecting the work culture, principles, and values of our clients as well as of DSI, and based upon this, we screen employees for skills, philosophies, and attributes that reflect both. In doing so, we believe DSI delivers employees and service mutually beneficial to everyone.
Job Skills / Requirements
As a Security Officer your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general security duties to client, such as: crime prevention, crime reduction, and order maintenance by observing, documenting, and reporting activities.
- Maintains visibility to ensure/deter unacceptable activities.
- Comply with Client’s specific post instructions, which may include: the checking of employee badges, conducting walks of perimeters and or interior offices and doors.
- Any other duties that may be required or assigned by management
- Must not leave your post until your replacement has arrived.
- Must understand and comply with all client regulations.
- Must have a good understanding and follows DSI’s Code of Ethics and Employee Standard.
- Must receive training and become familiar with general safety procedures, as well as DSI’s safety manual.
- Must attend and continue to receive security officer training as required by Client or DSI’s training program.
- Must maintain all licensing and certification requirements as required by state law.
- Must keep uniforms clean and presentable at all times.
Assignments, shifts, days of the week, holidays, or weekends are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice and may be temporary or for extended periods.
Salary reviews and increases are guided by client contracts therefore there is no specific review program established. DSI will strive to work with clients as reasonably possible to review their contract and seek increases.Additional Info:
- Must be 21+ years old.
- High School education or GED.
- Previous security or related experience preferred.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Must be capable of standing or walking for twelve hours with no limitations on “normal” bending, lifting, climbing stairs, or stooping.
Hours: Dependent on each individual client contract
Additional Information / Benefits
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Plan - With DSI match
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Training
- Complimentary Uniforms
- Superior Service Awards and Recognition
- Officer of the Month and Year Awards
- Flexible Hours
DSI Security is a Drug Free employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check