|Title||Power Plant Superintendent|
|Point of Hire||Fairbanks, AK|
|Company||DU - Doyon Utilities|
|Reports To||Director of Utilities|
|Type of Position||Regular Full-Time|
|Schedule||Monday - Friday|
|Description||POSITION OBJECTIVES: This position oversees all aspects of the operations and maintenance of the Doyon Utilities Central Heat and Power Plant (CHPP) as well as management of plant personnel. The 18 mW coal-fired cogeneration plant is located on Fort Wainwright, an Army base outside Fairbanks, Alaska. The Superintendent must operate the plant in compliance with all applicable Doyon Utilities, State of Alaska, and Federal environmental and safety regulations. This position is also responsible for the preparation of operational reports and other documents required for reporting purposes. The Superintendent develops and manages the annual O&M budget and assists with the development of the annual capital improvement plan. The superintendent must coordinate the capital project work as it relates to and affects the operations of the CHPP. The plant is manned continuously 24/7.|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supervise all aspects of the CHPP operations and maintenance and effectively provide direction to the CHPP Maintenance and Operations Supervisors, plant work leaders and plant personnel.
2. Operate within a regulated utility environment to include ADEC, EPA, DOT, DOL, OSHA and EEOC guidelines.
3. Provide a sound Quality Control program for all operation and maintenance activities.
4. Ensure compliance with the Doyon Utilities privatization contract requirements.
5. Establish safe working practices in accordance with corporate safety program and Ft. Wainwright safety directives.
6. Produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational, production, and budgetary reports.
7. Attend regularly scheduled meetings with other Doyon Utilities representatives and the departments of the Army for the purpose of reporting the operational status of the CHPP.
8. Ensure reliable operational records are maintained and recorded for historical purposes and to document performance metrics for the plant.
9. Produce an annual budget and develop a capital improvement plan for the CHPP.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Minimum of 10 years of managerial experience with progressive responsibility in power generation, coal fired preferred, at the supervisory and management level.
2. General knowledge of plant controls, tools, equipment and proper procedures to maintain the plant within the CHPP.
3. Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions and relay those instructions to the work leaders and other subordinate employees.
4. Proficient with use of desktop computers and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Must also have experience with CMMS software (Maximo, preferred) and familiar with AutoCAD.
5. Able to communicate effectively with supervisors, shift foremen and plant personnel.
6. Must be able to analyze plant operations and offer suggestions to improve operational efficiency.
7. Effectively manage the personnel resources assigned to the CHPP.
8. Knowledge of asset management processes.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Works primarily indoors where employee is subject to exposure to abnormal heat hazards or ash and coal dust. The work environment is typically a noise hazard area requiring the use of hearing protection. Employee is trained in the use of the personal protective equipment required for the position as required by the situation.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. The incumbent is subject to pre-hire and random drug testing in accordance with the published policy of Doyon Utilities.
2. Must be eligible to work on a military installation in Alaska.
3. Must be willing to be on-call to respond to emergencies.
4. Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Alaska.
|Requirements||EDUCATION AND TRAINING:|
1. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
|Send This Job to a Friend|