Provides full life-cycle support for all network services, including the installation, tuning, testing, monitoring, operation, maintenance, upgrading, patching, break/fix, and management of designated network distribution systems and associated equipment, both garrison and deployed, for all levels of security classification. Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repairs and/or installations of customer-owned products. Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Ensure network connectivity throughout the LAN/WAN infrastructure
- Maintain Plan network layouts and configures systems to user environments
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Service provisioning, installation, maintenance, and management of the intra-facility LAN/VLAN wiring, equipment, and software itself within and between the facilities
- Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
GDIT Requires: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Contract Requires: Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or Business or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
GDIT Requires: 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
Contract Requires: 8 years of related experience, performing LAN/WAN analysis, administration and support.
- Provide suggestions and recommendation on future Hardware requirements, ability to analyze the hardware requirements with actual usage requirements
- Develop and maintain a disaster recovery plan enabling the organization to recover from any unexpected data loss for example: Hard drive disk failure.
- Create new Hardware requirements and ability to design a new Plan for networking in the organization
- Design a new network, set rules and procedures for the Network.
- Advanced and specialized training in networks/systems administration/network administration
- Demonstrated proficiency in layer 2 switching and layer 3 routing; design of complex routing and switching schemes to support changing environments
- Demonstrated proficiency in EIGRP, STP, VTP, ACLs, and Layer 3 tunnels and must understand how to monitor network devices to perform fault and root cause analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
- Experience with installation configuration and maintenance requirements of end-user devices, automatic call distribution systems, load balancing techniques and server operations.
- Experience with installation, configuration and maintenance requirements of end-user devices (including desktop systems), video bridges and single/multi-point control units
- Applicable IT industry-recognized DoDD 8570 certification required. Security+ Required (CCNA Security Preferred)
- This position may require shift and weekend work
- The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Must be able to obtain/ maintain a Secret Clearance w/ Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) at a minimum.
- Experience in CISCO Unified Computing Systems and CISCO Unified Call Manager
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Special Operations community, operations, processes and culture
- Familiarity with military deployed environments
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.