Heavy Equipment Technician - $3000 Sign on Bonus at Republic Services
- IT/Software Development
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Technician - Heavy Equipment performs repairs and maintenance on heavy equipment, compact heavy equipment, light service equipment, and light trucks. Typical repairs include, but are not limited to, preventative maintenance inspections, hydraulic, fuel, exhaust, brakes, suspension, electrical, HVAC, and emission systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications. • Advanced knowledge in air brakes, tires as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • Advanced training in hydraulics as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • Advanced electrical training as evidenced by ASE Certification and a minimum of 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • Advanced suspension, steering and wheel-end components training, as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • Advanced drive train knowledge as evidenced by ASE Certification and at least 1 year of experience as a technician working on heavy equipment. • During employment, a technician will complete the Republic PM Program and the One Fleet Republic Way program.
• Mechanical Trade School certificate or degree. • Certificate in electrical diagnostics. • High school diploma or G.E.D. • Applicable ASE certifications. • Working knowledge of Tier 4 emission systems. • Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
• Maintains advanced knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical problems on heavy equipment. • Performs repair or preventative maintenance on electrical, diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations. Typical repairs and maintenance would include work on engines, transmissions, chassis, drivelines and body components, hydraulic, brake, electrical and suspension systems, wheels, tires and undercarriages. • Reads and interprets equipment condition reports and/or repair orders, communicate with supervisor and/or operator for clarification of defects and discuss preventive techniques with operators to minimize future repairs. • Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e., work order times compared to time card times). • Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic Services Fleet Management Software system. • Collects and interprets analyses from oil sampling, on-board computer, and fleet management software. • Follows all safety policies and procedures. • Performs overhauls on gas or diesel engines. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations. • Minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a technician working on heavy equipment, demonstrating the ability to service increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).