Company IT has an immediate opening for a Chief Information Officer at Stennis Space Center, MS
Seeking a motivated and energetic Chief Information Officer (CIO) to join our superb team of IT professionals. We want a dedicated individual who wants to excel and help develop the Enterprise IT vision and strategy for a major U.S. Navy Command.
Based on the Enterprise goals, the candidate must refine the enterprise vision leveraging the latest DOD and U.S. Navy Cloud technologies and Data Strategies. The candidate will lead a cross-organization team of upper management participants in exploratory efforts to establish a vision, strategy, implementation plan, and change management plan needed to fulfill the assigned.
Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a Department of Defense security clearance.
Functional Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Serves as a CIO functional expert supporting U.S. Navy METOC.
2. Performs highly specialized analysis and strategy development associated with cutting-edge technologies.
3. Works with IT management user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
4. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant information systems projects and processes.
5. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
6. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
7. May have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of recent developments in information systems and cloud technologies.
9. Participates in special projects as required
Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. A Doctorate’s Degree is preferred
15-20 years of directly related Information Technology systems experience.