Georgia-Pacific is seeking qualified professionals to consider for their Process/Quality Manager opportunity to manage all aspects of quality for the gypsum products manufactured; including conformance to specifications and identifying and addressing any gaps in quality for their manufacturing operation located in Lovell, WY.
This position provides a strategic leadership and is responsible for managing Quality Management System and delivering Key Value Drivers by executing the Manufacturing Quality Plan throughout the Lovell operation.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals.
Our Building Products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others.
As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit http://www.gp.com/.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Actively participate in Facility Safety initiatives.
- Apply Operational Excellence Strategy and Market Based Management® (MBM®) Principles for managing and continuous improvement of Quality Systems and Processes.
- Identify and understand customer requirements. Maintain good customer communication and relationships; strive to meet or exceed customer satisfaction expectations.
- Work with Manufacturing, R&D and the corporate Quality teams to ensure that product specifications meet consumer/customer needs while being consistent with manufacturing capability.
- Lead trials related to quality improvement, new product commercialization, cost-saving initiatives and reduction of variation in process and product quality.
- Lead RCA (Root Cause Analysis) of customer complaints and manufacturing waste (including significant data analysis and calculations).
- Develop knowledge systems and measurements that help the business make profitable decisions (SPC, Process Control tools, etc.).
- Conduct periodic audits to ensure that procedures are appropriately being followed.
- Provide leadership and coaching to employees through a shared vision for the operation.
- Manage Quality Test lab. Lead and coach hourly direct reports (quality lab technicians).
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in a manufacturing work environment.
- Experience with quality and process control methods.
- Statistical tool experience (Minitab ®, NWA ®, or similar software systems)
- Experience working in a team-based environment
- Experience using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques (5 Why’s, DMAIC, 8D).
- Willing and able to travel up to 10% of the time.
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience as an engineer in process, quality, or operations.
- Six-Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with statistical process control and statistical data analysis.
- Experience with Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points (HACCP) or Product Stewardship Programs.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf