The Role Role Overview
Reporting to the Lab Manager, you will part of a ten person in the lab that runs 24/7/365, including a chemist and 7 other lab technicians who worked their way up in the company and into the lab. We run two twelve hour shifts -- 6 to 6, which rotate. You will participate in all lab testing, including specialized testing such as government fuel and the Quality Assurance Program.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for analysis and reporting of various products, such as Crude Oil, Fuel Oils, Middle Distillates, Petroleum and Petrochemicals, LPG and LNG gases, etc. More specifically, you will:
- Responsible for conducting laboratory analysis.
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
- Complete all laboratory reports as applicable.
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory analysis methods.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Note: This description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and other general responsibilities.
The Requirements To be a good fit for the Lab Technician opportunity, you will have:
To meet the basic qualification for this role you must also have authorization to work permanently in the U.S. for any employer for any length of time, without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. Quick question for you - click here
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent work experience in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to understand ASTM standards and procedures.
- Must be able to work with all chemical, petrochemical, and petroleum products.
- Must have flexible schedule as position will include evenings, weekend and holidays, based on customer need.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, while directing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details.
You will work a standard business Monday through Friday shift with the flexibility to work after hours or cover emergencies as needed. Quick question for you - click here
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, reach – fully use the laboratory
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, and on occasion more
- 20/40 vision (with or without corrective lenses), hearing ability
- Willingness to wear safety equipment (e.g. safety glasses, earplugs, steel-toed boots, hard hat), as required