Foam Fabrication Manager
Southern Motion, manufacturer of the world’s best reclining upholstered furniture is seeking a manager for our Cushions-To-Go foam fabrication facility in Baldwyn, MS. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the day to day production activities and resources necessary to meet the needs of our upholstery operations.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Coordinates plant production activities through the entire manufacturing process to ensure that all manufacturing and production objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods and optimum utilization of human resources, machines, raw materials and equipment.
- Assists in managing the maintenance of the plant facilities and equipment; ensures the timely repair, adjustment or replacement of all manufacturing equipment, tools and plant facilities when necessary.
- Reviews operations and confers with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Reviews production schedules to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Monitors product standards to help determine defective products or raw materials to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Initiates or coordinates inventory or cost control programs.
- Clearly communicates and provides instructions and information to other departments, supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions.
- Assists Director of Operations in improving a system of production control, standard operating procedure, safety, quality control, and performance management.
- Manages departmental performance measures and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
This is an exempt salary position.
Medical, Dental, 401-k, Company Paid Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 2-weeks paid vacation, Employee Assistance Services
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Management: 2 years (Preferred)