Our Exciting Work Environment
Southland Gaming & Racing, owned and operated by Delaware North, features more than 1,500 video gaming machines, electronic blackjack tables, a poker room, live greyhound racing and simulcast wagering. Southland is located in West Memphis, Arkansas, only a short drive from downtown Memphis, Tennessee.
At Southland, guests have an array of options for dining and other entertainment, including the World Market Buffet, Bourbon Street Steakhouse Grille, the Shine Blounge and live entertainment at the Juke Joint.
The Senior Director of gaming operations is responsible for the overall operation, planning, and administration of the properties’ Table Games, Poker and Slot Operations Departments
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and rules including but not limited to State Gaming regulations, internal controls and company policies and procedures
- Oversees the direction, coordination and assessment of the Slot Director in a fashion commensurate with Vision, Mission, and Values of the gaming & entertainment subsidiary
- Oversees, directs and manages all Slot and Table Games / Poker operations and staff including directors and managers as direct reports.
- Development of strategic and tactical plans to optimize performance /revenue.
- Scheduling, coaching & development, counseling and discipline, recruiting and hiring, appraisals.
- Maintains proper staffing levels, associate records, and training.
- Assures the technical proficiency of all table games employees through development and effective training, provides direction, guidance and supervision to all employees.
- Develops property budgets and monitors gaming operations performance trends to identify areas for improvement.
- Reviews gaming capital expenditures and recommends approval.
- Analyzes historic gaming performance statistics and trends and makes suggested game or rule changes to the VP of Gaming Operations
- Assures compliance with and enforces all applicable laws, regulations, policies and rules including but not limited to State Gaming regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints and issues.
- Responsible for building a rapport and coordinating daily functions with support service departments.
- Focused on team development and growth and makes recommendations to VP of Gaming Operations for succession planning purposes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum 7 years Gaming Supervisory Experience required.
- Minimum 10 years Gaming experience required.
- Experience in both Slots and Table Games strongly preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of Gaming including Poker, Table Games and Slots required.
- Strong math skills required
- Intermediate skills with computer software such as Word, Excel, Data Base, Slot and Table Game Accounting Software.
- Strong People skills with employees and customers a must.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to obtain and maintain applicable Racing and Gaming License
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.