is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit
for more information. Job Summary
This position will be responsible for supervising and coaching outside technicians who perform a variety of outside technical job functions within CenturyLink.Job Description
- Manage the daily operation of outside and inside plant network services and technicians whose work includes the installation and maintenance of residential, business, central office as well as design services and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between CenturyLink and Contractors to resolve issues arising during the construction and/or maintenance process.
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and development of employees with regards to new processes and quality standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical skills.
- Will be responsible for leading a team of technicians who meet attendance and performance standards.
- Will represent CenturyLink with customers and governmental agencies.
- Collaborates with the union to achieve a win-win working relationship.
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and recognition.
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of maximum performance.
- Previous experience managing teams within a telecom technical environment with typically 4-5 year of experience.
- Strong skills and experience in employee development to include training, coaching and mentoring in a union environment
- Computer skills are required including Excel, email, Word, and legacy systems.
- Working knowledge of installation and maintenance of residential and business services, Local Network processes, and a fundamental understanding of services and products offered by CenturyLink is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the splicing and construction process for the telecommunication industry.
- Working knowledge of Contractor relations.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a consultative manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview/fact-find, present options/recommend solutions, follow-up and customer focused behavior.
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented position in a deadline focused department.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience. 5+ years related experience.
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record.
- 2+ years of experience managing teams within a telecom technical environment.
- 2+ years of experience with installation, maintenance, and repair of POTS and HSI.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel, email and legacy systems.
- Previous lead or supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and pager duty will be required.
- Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory overtime and holidays.
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under pressure.
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to complete job assignments.
US-Indiana-Monticello; US-Indiana-Rensselaer Requisition #:
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.