Unit Manager RN Full Time Days
*This position is located in Merriam, KS*
Full Time Days
Adventist Care Center – Trinity Nursing and Rehab
Adventist Care Centers is the skilled nursing branch of Adventist Health System, one of the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare systems in the United States. Our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ by providing whole person care that meets the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of all who reside with us. Taking care of our team members is just as important to us as taking care of our residents, which is why we provide comprehensive benefits, including health insurance and tuition reimbursement, for both full- and part-time employees. Apply today to join our team in providing whole person care!
The Unit Manager participates in the direct care and services provide to the residents. The Unit Manager agrees to adhere to the principal duties and job requirements outlined within this policy. It is the Unit Manager’s responsibility to follow the policies and procedures of this organization. Adherence to the Federal and State statutes is mandatory. The professional nurse and the licensed practical nurse shall be responsible and accountable for making decisions that are based upon the individual’s educational preparation and experience in nursing. In addition to following the duties set forth in this policy, the nurse shall follow the directives of the State Board of Nursing in the state in which he/or she practices.
- Reviews and maintains the resident matrix/roster daily. Updates pertinent information and changes after reviewing with the interdisciplinary team in daily CQI (Continuous Quality Improvement) meeting. Discusses changes with the MDS Coordinator and RN Director of Nursing.
- Participate with staff in the observation of residents and the care planning process.
- Offers input and suggestions to the Director of Nursing on how to deliver the best quality care for the residents.
- Monitors staffing patterns including excessive overtime and minimum staffing.
- Monitor resident infections and antibiotic use data and communicate to the appropriate individual for each episode of infection involving a resident on the designated form.
- Provides supervision and structure for residents on the assigned units to determine that residents are provided assistance with meals to maintain nutritional status needs. Insures that residents participating in mealtime restorative programs are monitored and certified nursing assistants maintain accurate records of all resident oral intakes.
- Coordinates the monthly drug regiment reviews for the unit with the Consultant Pharmacist. Advise Director of Nursing on the medication pass audits that require scheduling. Inspect the medication room and med carts to insure they are orderly, clean and sanitary as well as properly locked/secured.
- Ensures a well-organized unit by following the facility policies to insure chain of command is followed and that each level of nursing personnel assigned to the unit fulfills their job description and renders quality care. Makes recommendations to the Director of Nursing when organization is lacking or a need for modification or improvement is identified.
- Monitors staff to determine the unit is maintained in a clean, orderly and functional manner.
- Supplies are available to provide resident care and accounted for as well as utilized to prevent loss and/or waste. Utility rooms and storage areas are cleaned at least once per shift.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
- Meet the state specific educational requirements for the nursing supervisory position
SNF RN Unit Manager, Registered Nurse Unit Manager, Nursing Home RN Unit Manager, Nursing Home Registered Nurse Unit Manager, Assisted Living Facility Registered Nurse Unit Manager
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.