Why Join Altec?
Altec has immediate opportunities for Machinist's in Creedmoor, NC.
As one of our valued associates, you are an integral part of Altec's team that produces world-class equipment.
Creedmoor is located in the heart of the Tarheel State between beautiful North Carolina beaches and scenic Blue Ridge Mountains. The Triangle is 25 minutes away, and is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best places to live. Steeped in tradition and history, the Triangle is home to world-class museums, top research universities, the Carolina Hurricanes, the Durham Bulls, and legendary Tobacco Road rivalries. Imagine being close to all the amenities of big-city life while maintaining a small-town atmosphere – this is Creedmoor.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Operate computer numerical control machines to fabricate parts to support production.
• Use and conduct proper care of PPE.
• Load and unload components and tooling.
• Perform rework and repair tasks.
• Utilizes proper safety techniques .
• Operate CNC machining equipment.
• Read drawings, determine critical dimensions/tolerances/diameters, calculate conversion between decimals and fractions.
• Perform inspection of machined parts.
• Use measuring equipment to verify conformance to specifications.
• Operate other equipment as required.
• Use computer to look up any necessary information required to perform job duties.
• Follow established safety, environmental and quality policies, procedures and practices.
• Maintain work area and shop tools/equipment.
• Maintain daily time records.
• Job duties may vary by location.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend required.
• Basic computer usage knowledge required.
• 3 years experience in operating CNC equipment, or 1 year experience and successful completion of Vocational Machining Degree, and/or successful completion of Altec Machining Training Program.
• Ability to use measuring equipment.
• Ability to perform moderate math calculations.
FINANCIAL BUDGETING, CAPITAL, AND/OR MANPOWER RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER POSITION SPECIFICATIONS:
• Keep a clean work area (5S)
• Assist co-workers as needed
• Participate in RCI events
• Knowledge of Altec programs and/or systems
• Shift work may be required.
• Perform all other duties as required / assigned.
Responsibility for Safety:
• Safety In everything we do
Responsibility to Prevent Errors:
• Ensures appropriate reviews have been performed as needed for high quality
• Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
Communication with Others:
• Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; Must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.