There is an opportunity for a Registered Nurse/Educator
to join our Senior Care Center - St. Mary's team!Summary:
Monitors compliance related to practices associated with the prevention and control of healthcare associated infections. Abstracts clinical data on a retrospective basis as well as utilizing current data related to Infection Control issues. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
- Effectively manages the care of residents using knowledge, skills, judgment and decision making skills for the specific area. Effectively carries out nurse supervisory role when assigned.
- Delivers resident care utilizing guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment.
- Reviews, evaluates and takes appropriate action regarding results of diagnostic tests.
- Supervises and evaluates nursing conformance to facility policies, procedures and regulations.
- Performs and documents a nursing assessment to identify and prioritize physical, psychosocial and cultural needs and develops a plan of care.
- Evaluates and reassesses nursing interventions based on interdisciplinary plan of care and makes revisions as appropriate.
- Develops and implements an education plan in collaboration with patient and family. Documentation meets compliance with regulatory standards.
- Plans, implements, directs and evaluates the educational/orientation program in the facility based on resident needs and federal, state and local regulations.
- Identifies concerns and challenges related to resident care and facility operation.
- Provides the Administrator and Director of Nursing comprehensive recommendations concerning the educational needs of all staff.
- Demonstrates professional growth and development. Uses critical thinking skills.
- Excellent computer skills a necessity – MS Office, data entry, graphic development and presentations. Requires the ability to manage programs and projects.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis & display, data management, basic coding. Demonstrated ability of excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
The ideal RN
candidate should possess the following minimal qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Graduate of Associate's or Bachelor's Degree School of Nursing.
- Current RN License to practice in the State of Georgia.
- Nursing skills as defined in the law governing the practice of nursing in Georgia.
- Current American Heart Association CPR Certification is required.
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V