Southeast Georgia Health System had an opportunity for a Ambulatory Financial Analyst
to join our Southeast Georgia Physician Associate's team! :Summary:
Responsible for compiling and analyzing financial information for the hospital based physician practices to ensure payer reimbursement results meet expectations. All Team Members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements and national patient safety standards.
- Creates monthly, quarterly and annual reports with statistical data trends in revenue cycle performance as compared to benchmarks and key performance indicators.
- Accesses and interprets appropriate data for purposes of identifying financial performance improvement opportunities, cost savings and revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Produces administrative-level summaries to provide concise information for use in decision making.
- Provides recommendations for changes in processes or practices that optimize efficiencies and/or reduces the total cost of delivering health care services.
- Analyzes financial data to extract and define relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial probability.
- Reviews costs and performs a cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs.
- Maintains oversight of managed care contract performance, claim denials, reimbursement validation and reimbursement/refund processing for CHSI physician practices. Conducts reimbursement audits to ensure payer contractual obligations are met as agreed upon.
- Provides statistical data for analyzing the revenue cycle and trends payer reimbursement. Provides annual budget data and prepares monthly financial reports as requested.
- Performs statistical, cost, and financial analysis of data reported in various financial systems. Develops financial reports and metrics for forecasting and trending physician practice performance.
- Leverages advanced analytical skills to challenge current processes, data, and reports for accuracy and improvements.
- Maintains current knowledge of governmental and commercial regulatory directives in the pursuit of recovering loss reimbursement.
The ideal Ambulatory Financial Analyst should posses the following minimal qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, statistics, finance or a related field required. Other business related bachelor's degrees require a minimum of two years applicable accounting or finance experience.
- 1-3 years experience in the healthcare, credit, or finance industry.
- Excellent communication skills; Superior organization and team work skills; Exhibits positive interpersonal skills (customer service): 80% of time is spent interacting with others. Proficient in Microsoft Office ' Word, Excel
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V