PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, Noranco, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Algona Washington, Primus International - Algona is a leading Tier II Supplier of highly engineered metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Their key customers are Boeing (737 FED Doors, AOE Doors, and 737 APU Inlets), Airbus (A321 and A330 Doors), and Latacore (Hinges and Super Hinges). Primus International –Algona specializes in medium to complex titanium machining and structural mechanical assembly.
Acquired by Precision Castparts in 2011, Primus International Algona has become one of 38 plants within the Aerostructures division. Staffed with 300+ employees, the facility generates annual revenue in excess of $150 million.
Currently searching for:
Weekend Day Shift
Weekend Night Shift
The Machinist position operates assigned resources of machining tools and equipment ensuring safety of operations, compliance with productivity targets and adherence to quality control standards. This is an individual contributor position with no supervisory responsibility.
• Completes precision machining using assigned resources such as CNC mills, lathes and other machines
• Ensures resources are continually operating in a safe manner
• Makes certain that all tasks are completed following the quality standards established for the product manufactured
• Monitors actual time taken to manufacture a product against the scheduled cycle time to manufacture a product and takes actions to ensure product is operating under set cycle time or meets scheduled cycle times
• Ensure cutters used in manufacturing the product are sharp and cutting correctly and makes certain that cutters are changed out before the cutting life expires
• Continually keeps assigned work area and resources clean and organized
• Works as a team member, meeting professional standards of cooperation, communication and appearance
• Six (6) months of manufacturing aerospace experience required; generally from another manufacturing department
• Ability to pass in-house manufacturing test
• Working knowledge in using hand held quality control inspection tools such as micrometers and calipers
• Basic understanding of geometry mathematics
• Some experience in interpreting aerospace blueprints; parts lists and assembly drawings
• Fundamental understanding of the basic G & M codes used in operating CNC mills and or lathes
• Two (2) year machinist certificate preferable
• Self-motivated with an ability to work alone or in a team environment
• Ability to work across departments to meet product quality standards efficiently
• Ability to follow instructions given by the director of manufacturing, their immediate manager or lead, or by a senior machinist and carry them out correctly
• Ability to interpret the instructions given and apply experience and training throughout the course of the day for each production job assigned
• Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions and write simple correspondence
• Ability to read and interpret the English language
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.