Must hold a Kentucky or Tennessee independent license
Provides the full breadth of MFLC consultation and counseling services to the command structure and military service members and their families as an embedded counselor assigned to a dedicated military unit. Solely responsible for providing MFLC services including non-medical, short term, walk around counseling, training/health and wellness presentations, and consultation to the brigade/regiments command regarding behavioral health issues with a unique understanding of the particular military unit, cultural and mission. Embedded within the command and requires a unique and sophisticated senior relationship management skill set to develop and manage the complex relationships necessary to successfully work closely with the command personnel and leadership hierarchy providing the highest level of consultative services.
- Provides non-medical, short term, solution focused, walk around counseling directly to service and family members of a dedicated military unit (brigade, wing or regiment) as an embedded counselor. Services include assessment, brief counseling and consultation, action planning, referral to resources (assuring linkage as appropriate), and follow-up as indicated. Delivers training and health and wellness presentations and activities as requested/ directed. Enters counselor activity data on a daily basis through smart phone, web, or fax to assure that reporting is accurate from assigned installation, while maintaining client / service member confidentiality.
- Cultivates and maintains direct, high level relationships with high level commanders and personnel within the assigned military unit, utilizing superior senior relationship management skills and recognizing the unique structure and mission of the assigned military unit. Responsible for development of an excellent working relationship with the installation POC (Point of Contact), command, and the command POC.
- Creates a presence within the brigade/regiment in which the service and family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor, recognizing the program to be confidential. Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources and provide appropriate linkages for service members and their families. Partners with POC to provide MFLC services in a manner that addresses the needs of the brigade/regiment.
- Provides MFLC response to critical incidents, surge, and special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the OSD program manager. Counselor will flex schedule to respond to urgent requests as needed.
- Manages duty to warn and restricted reporting situations according to DoD protocol and staffs the cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director.
- Communicates with Regional Supervisors and participates in regular individual and group supervision, sharing information regarding trends and issues on the installations to which they are assigned.
- Participates in regular in-services/training, Quality Improvement committees or other contract activities as assigned/appropriate.
- Serves as a full time substitute MFLC Counselor working in different facilities to provide coverage for a counselor(s) due to illness or absences from their assignment as needed.
General Job Information
Military & Family Life Counselor (EMBEDDED ADULT) Fort Campbell, KY
Clinical Services Group
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
Masters: Behavioral Health (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
Current licensure required for this position that meets State, Commonwealth or customer-specific requirements. - Care Mgmt, LPC - Licensed Professional Counselor - Care Mgmt, Must be an independently licensed behavioral health clinician. - Care Mgmt
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of post-masters clinical experience.
- Requires ability to engage and communicate with military members or children as assigned, in order to accomplish job functions, and to respond quickly to emergent situations in any physical location on a military installation and/or within a school setting, which includes the need to traverse short and/or long distances within the base to both indoor and outdoor locations, to maneuver through rugged, outdoor or uneven locations (e.g., steep inclines, stairs, grass), and work in outdoor weather and other military base conditions. May require travel to locations outside of a military base in a variety of physical environments. Due to the nature of working on military installations or related worksites, counselors may need to comply with various site specific requirements to work at designated locations. For example, for some assignments, counselors will need to have certain immunizations or vaccinations and provide record of receipt.
- Ability to prove US Citizenship and must speak fluent English.
- Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused counseling methods.
- Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with military culture and command structure; ability to establish productive relationships with high ranking military personnel.
- Prior services as MFLC and/or CYB counselor strongly preferred.
Magellan Health Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled