Title: Systems Engineer III
Job Location: Hanscom AFB, MA
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
Program: Ballistic Missile Early Warning Systems / PAVE Phased Array Warning System (BMEWS/PAVE PAWS): The BPP Program Office supports and sustains five radars, across North America and Europe, which provide early-warning ballistic missile detection, acquisition, classification, and tracking of ballistic missile attack, 24-hours per day, 365 days per year. The radars are also capable of detecting, identifying, and tracking man-made objects in low-earth orbit.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications
- Perform program reviews to evaluate alternative proposed plans, systems engineering programs, design and test results to assure that subsystem and system performance is achieved in accordance with program specifications
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepares management reports and conducts technical presentations for planning, implementation and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles
- Perform validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
- Provide engineering support to conduct formal trade studies based on engineering performance, effectiveness, cost effectiveness, cost performance, life cycle cost, producibility, reliability, maintainability, risk, and schedule.
- Provide technical recommendation support services, including reviews, studies, audits, evaluations and analyses, scientific and procedural guidance, documentation, technical analysis, and support of associated engineering IPTs.
- Provide proposal analysis support services that compare and quantify proposed systems, components, approaches for technical feasibility, compatibility, and cost effectiveness
- Provide concepts and requirements analyses support services including, but not limited to, reviewing and analyzing:
- Initial Capabilities Documents (ICDs),
- Capability Development Documents (CDDs),
- Capability Production Documents (CPDs),
- Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs),
- Military Utility Assessments (MUAs)
- Concepts of Operation (CONOPs),
- Technology Development Strategies,
- FCAs/PCAs, and
- Technology Standards Profiles
Review and analyze system concepts and user requirements that have been approved and entered into a system requirements baseline (functional, allocated, and product)
- Valid DOD Secret clearance
- US Citizenship
- Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field.
- Possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise.
- Advanced Degree (MA/MS) and 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD OR, BA/BS degree, and 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD OR, 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.