Southeast Georgia Health System has an opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse
to join our Southeast Georgia Physician Associates Glynn Internal Medicine team!Summary:
Provides patient care using the nursing processes of assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluation.
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Effectively manages the care of assigned patients using knowledge, clinical skills, judgment and decision making skills for the specific area.
- Delivers patient care utilizing guidelines of care and appropriate resources, including personnel, services, supplies and equipment.
- Reviews, evaluates and takes appropriate action regarding results of diagnostic tests. Administers medications according to Health System policy
- Assists with patient flow by registering patients and assisting with other patient care duties.
- Assists other healthcare professionals in performing exams, diagnostic procedures and treatments, and minor medical procedures. Communicates provider advice/instructions.
- Assists the clinical team in performing the nursing assessment to identify and prioritize physical, psychosocial and cultural needs in order to develop a plan of care.
- Evaluates and reassesses nursing interventions based on interdisciplinary plan of care and makes revisions as appropriate.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a patient/family education plan. Documents assessments, interventions, patient/family responses, and medication reconciliation and test results in the medical record.
The ideal Licensed Practical Nurse
candidate should posses the following minimal qualifications:
- Graduate of a Licensed Practical Nursing program.
- Current licensure to practice as an LPN in the state of Georgia.
- Previous experience preferred.
- Nursing skills as defined in the law governing the practice of nursing in Georgia.
- American Heart Association BLS Certification required; ACLS and PALS Certification preferred.
All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V