An Analytics Data Specialist combines a passion for data with the technical know-how to do things the right way. They combine a deep technical fluency with strong communication skills to productionize the data transformations and reporting that drives key business decisions across Wayfair's multi-billion dollar business. They are hands on writing and owning robust, scalable code that produces thousands of core business metrics each day, deployed across a range of terabyte scale data warehouses.What You'll Do
What You Are
- Build reporting products that drive business decisions across Wayfair
- Support business-oriented analysts in the design and implementation enterprise scale BI reporting
- Execute deep dives on data sets to understand their content and build trusted, accurate data products
- Optimize performance of queries and data transformation processes by leveraging an understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Investigate and identify the root causes of data inaccuracy
- End to end ownership of data pipelines, including: business requirements elicitation, data model best practices, implementing changes in SQL, gaining DBA support, and backfill/conversion of existing data
What You Have
- Collaborative, approachable, and understanding; a team player who can work with individuals of varying technical aptitude
- Attentive to detail and excited to be responsible for critical reporting
- Able to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks, constraints, and trade-offs, propose potential solutions, and drive toward resolution
- Professional work experience in a technology, start-up, data warehousing, or other analytical role
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, economics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline with strong academic record
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.