Summit Truck Bodies, LLC, a quality manufacturer of custom designed service and lube truck bodies, is expanding its workforce due to increasing sales. If you are a motivated team player who is committed to producing a high quality product on time and safely, we want you on our team. Summit Truck Bodies is looking for a Fleet Industrial Painter responsible for the proper application of paint to the body and parts by operating paint spray equipment.
We offer competitive wages and a full benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(K), paid holidays, paid vacation/personal time, and an employee car discount program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying work order, bill of materials and blueprints.
- Operate paint spray equipment to paint surfaces of bodies and parts.
- Dispose of hazardous waste from the painting process in accordance with federal and state laws.
- Apply paint coats in accordance with company specifications.
- Adjust paint spraying equipment to get proper flow and coating thickness.
- Match or detect differences between colors, including shade of color and brightness.
- Responsible for inspecting work on an assortment of parts and bodies after paint is applied.
- Observe health and safety by wearing respirator, paint suits and all other PPE.
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Participate in all continuous improvement programs by offering suggestions and exhibiting initiative in areas within direct control.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
- SIngle Coat, Base coat and clear coats are used
- Matellic Jobs
- May require custom paint jobs
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
- Frequent mobility and / or sitting, standing, bending or stooping for prolonged / extended periods. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Requires working in areas which are not ventilated or air-conditioned.
- Requires eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate machinery.
- Requires exposure to chemicals and solvents.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
- Requires eyesight correctable to 20/20 to read numbers, reports and computer terminals.
- Requires hearing within normal range.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with good standing MVR.
- Some technical training helpful.
- Must have experience in automotive paint and prep work.
- Experience with sandblasting a plus