Job Code: EBD/D79*
Title: Senior, Systems Engineer
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)
Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer supporting The Direct Attack Division, AFLCMC/EBD, has responsibility for developing, producing, and sustaining Direct Attack Air-to-Ground weapons systems and subsystems for our nation's warfighters and foreign military customers. These products consist of the Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP), BLU-120, Joint Programmable Fuze (JPF), Hard Target Void Sensing Fuze (HTVSF), Medium Caliber Ammo and Foreign Military Sales of Direct Attack assets. Their mission is to advance combat capability through lifecycle management of direct attack systems and enterprise-level air armament mission planning capabilities; integrate existing standard munitions and launch platforms and integrate with C4I capabilities.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
- Systems Engineer for the F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter Weapons Integration IPT with responsibility for AIM-9X store integration and associated hardware and software development
- Integrate horizontally and vertically across the JPO, F-35 Prime Contractor, Stores certification agencies, weapon vendors and weapon SPOs.
- Coordinate with AIM-9X Program Offices to ensure that aircraft integration activities will satisfy certification requirements and are synchronized with weapon program roadmap
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Acting as government weapon integrator and focal point for all AIM-9X integration activities
- Coordinating development of AIM-9X store integration requirements/plans and execution of these plans
- Coordinating and participating as needed in store integration/test activities, e.g. wind tunnel tests, MSIL tests, ground tests, environmental testing, captive carry and store separation testing
- Review and analysis of all AIM-9X store integration/test artifacts
- Coordinating with stores Cert activities to ensure all analysis is completed to support weapon certification and flight clearances
- Supporting the acquisition process by preparing RFPs, evaluating BOEs, and supporting contract negotiations
- Participating in weapons integration forums, eg JICWG
- Preferred subject matter expert on integration of MIL-STD-1760 aircraft/store integration
- Experience with planning and execution of flight sciences and environmental testing, e.g. Wind Tunnel testing, Safe Separation testing, and E3/HERO testing
- Strong analysis skills for Flight Science and Environmental Test artifacts
- Knowledgeable of requirements analysis and development and the planning of activities to verify those requirements.
- Possess the initiative to identify potential risks/opportunities early, decide and act on course of action to resolve
- Possess the thoroughness needed to satisfy all Certification prerequisites
- Big picture – Execution of large number of complex and interrelated activities needed to achieve certified capability
- US Citizen
- Current Secret clearance
- Masters +15 years of relevant experience, PhD +5 years relevant experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and management
- Possible Travel required
- Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including; recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.