Why Join Altec?
Take a Career Step
- Altec was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength!
- Altec Inc. is a financially stable company with a history of continuous growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on for support and with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Advancement opportunities exist, with relocation potential around the country.
Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
Apply at https://careers.altec.com
● Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork ●
Join Altec's Material Team
As an Operations Buyer at Altec you will be responsible for purchasing materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors. Evaluate vendor quotes and/or services to determine the most desirable suppliers.
- High School Degree or equivalent required.
- Microsoft Office suite experience preferred.
- Excel and Word required.
- Four-Year Bachelor’s degree required.
- One year industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- May compare transportation options.
- Examine, select, order, and purchase at the most favorable price merchandise consistent with quality, quantity, specification requirements and other factors.
- Interview and work closely with vendors to obtain desired products.
- Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
- Use computers to organize and locate inventory, and operate spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Expedites components for faster delivery dates to meet production requirements.
- Performs purchasing and other recordkeeping duties.
- Purchases all components and services related to the manufacture of finished product, maintenance, repair and operations.
Other Position Specifications:
- Demonstrated record of responsibility
- Extremely detail oriented
- Customer Service oriented
- Motivated, goal oriented and persistent
- Maintain Company confidentiality
- Must handle stress and deadlines well
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Continuous attention to all job functions ensuring quality products
- Communication: Requires outside and inside contacts to carry out company policy and programs; Improper handling will have considerable effect on operational results; must often deal with matters requiring explanation, persuasion and obtaining of approvals.
- Travel 0-25%
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program, Retirement 401(k) Program, Vacation and Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program, Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.