(NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business. Job Summary
The Customer Service Technician responsibilities include but are not limited to: installs and repairs single and multi-line residential and business accounts. This position maintains and repairs outside plant cables, which include, copper and fiber, which are underground, direct buried, and aerial. Must be able to work overtime and take callouts. Excellent customer and team skills are required.Job Description
- Installs telephone plant facilities, switched digital television, and high-speed internet at customer premises according to specifications directed and established by CenturyLink procedures.
- Maintains, expands, replaces and repairs all plant facilities and subscriber apparatus required to provide service to customers.
- Interacts directly with CenturyLink customers and support sales efforts.
- Installs, repairs, tests and modifies line and station telephone equipment for customers using hand tools, power tools, and computer interfaces. Includes repairs to outside wires and tree trimming, and placing new drops.
- Inspects subscriber premises to determine the appropriate method of installation.
- Performs appropriate testing to ensure proper transmission and supervision specifications.
- Actively supports sales and marketing related activities through the iLead Program.
- Climb Poles using either hooks or ladder.
- Inputs test result readings, daily time, and function codes in Work Force Management.
- Install and maintains subscriber Pair Gain Devices. Adders or bucket trucks, attach terminal boxes and carrier housings, and repair or replace defective lines and auxiliary equipment.
- Unreels and strings aerial lines; installs conduits and pole hardware.
- Pulls lines through conduit by hand or with use of a winch.
- Transports, sets up, and runs portable generator sets.
- Locates buried telephone and CATV cables.
- Installs/troubleshoots high-speed internet and data networks.
- Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company's products and services to our customers.
- Assumes all other duties as assigned.
- ATTN Bidders: The selection process is governed by the local collective bargaining agreement.
- One year of current telecommunications industry experience in one or more of the following areas: installation, maintenance, and repair of aerial, buried and underground wire and cable; telephones; switched digital television; High Speed Internet; building wiring; station equipment; or equivalent in education and training
- Must have working knowledge of PC's, including basic computer operational tasks.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills for communicating CenturyLink's products and services to customers.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a safe driving record.
- Must be able to safely use hooks, ladders, bucket trucks; and to climb poles.
- Heavy lifting as required (up to 75 lbs.).
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to respond to call-outs after hours, work overtime, shift, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to travel overnight as necessary for business requirements and training.
- Incumbent must be technically proficient in order to perform the specific work requirements of the job in the particular location.
US-Indiana-Nappanee Requisition #:
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues. EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.