Product Design Associate Director
Are you constantly looking for the intersection of customer goals and business needs? Do you thrive when you encourage creatives to deliver the best work of their careers? Do you think hiring someone with a different point of view from yours makes for a stronger team? Have you recently been told that you incessantly ask "Why?"
If you answered "Yes!" to the above, we've got to meet.
We're the product design team at Employer, and we're tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, we're solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, the Product Design Associate Director is responsible for contributing to and executing the design strategy that allows hunters to quickly find what they're looking for, and inspires browsers with our catalog and features. Your meticulous desire for structure and organization will inform and craft the top-layer information architecture of our experiences.
We're looking for a strong systems thinker who can clearly communicate their ideas from a high-level view of our customer experience, as well as dive into the details to help our product teams deliver world-class products and services.
What you'll do:
- Guide the work of a multi-disciplinary design team comprised of product designers, researchers, and content strategists
- Set the example for what product design is at Employer
- Participate in design initiatives across multiple workgroups, coordinating efforts to achieve unified solutions for touchpoints across the customer's journey
- Engage in design community activities to further promote awareness of the product design team and its achievements
- Driven by experience, make calls from the gut when pure quantitative data isn't conclusive
- Abolish the status quo and achieve new design standards across both the company and the industry
- Inspire designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to deliver the best work of their careers
Who you are:
- A builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- A mentor of design teams comprised of varying experiences and backgrounds
- A passionate advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for your first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
This is a rare opportunity to help grow and curate the work of designers who have the ability to drive incredible product solutions across an industry. If this is the challenge you're seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. We'd love to get to know you! About Us:
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.