(NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world's best networking company by solving customers' increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers' trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business. Job Summary
The CenturyLink Customer Service Technician will be performing installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of high-speed internet, video and voice networks including associated wiring and equipment. Additionally maintaining and repairing outside plant facilities within assigned geographic service areas. Job Description
- Use a shovel and pick to dig up and bury cable; and may be required to work in manholes or controlled environmental vaults (CEV).
- Locate buried telephone cables.
- Observe all safety rules and regulations.
- Assist other Technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
- Must convey a positive and professional appearance and demeanor when communicating the company's products and services to our customers.
- Actively support sales and marketing related activities.
- Direct customer facing work and sales referrals. Accountability/dependability (on time and on load when scheduled and serve on call as needed).
- Teamwork (technical expertise developed to complete work efficiently to achieve work group key service measures).
- Active Listening (ability to take input from customers, APS and co-workers to problem solve and improve skills.
- Asking relevant questions to ensure problems are resolved quickly or to clarify information or directions.)
- Active Learning (curious seeker of new information and actively works to improve skills and knowledge)
- Assume all other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years beyond high school.
- Ability to distinguish colors on facilities.
- Ability to handle 28 ft extension ladders (up to 75 lbs routine work) and ultility covers (up to 150 lbs).
- Basic electricity training/certification or documented equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions and at various hours of the day/night.
- Ability to respond to after hour call-outs, work overtime, shift, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to safely use hooks, ladders, bucket trucks and climb poles.
- Ability to successfully complete service tech boot camp training coursework in pole climbing, POTS/DSL installation/repair, cable splicing/maintenance, basic transmissions, air pressure, and HSI installations (self and full).
- Basic computer skills including MS Office applications.
- Current driver's license with a safe driving record.
- Prior experience as a customer facing telecom operations technician.
- ADSL installation/repair experience (self/full installs).
- A+/Net + Certified Required Soft Skills.
US-Ohio-Lebanon Requisition #:
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues. EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.