The Program Manager has primary responsibility to execute and successfully complete research programs contracted with US government funding agencies and internal R&D initiatives in the field of aerogel applications. This position is responsible for overall program management for research and development projects including implementation, budget, schedule, deliverables, and customer relationship/interface. The Program Manager is also responsible for meeting contractual commitments on assigned programs. This position may lead cross-functional teams consisting of members from R&D, Contracts,IP, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Finance.
- Work with a team to prepare research program proposals, including overall strategy, business plan and cost proposal.
- Interface with R&D, ProcessTechnology, Product Technology, Analytical Services, Business & Strategic Development, IPand other staff for effective management of programs.
- Work closely with technical staff to develop project plans that include cost, schedule, and resource needs.
- Track project plans against actual performance, report progress and implement corrective measures as necessary to keep programs on target.
- Manage customer interface (including limited travel to visit Customer sites); report progress to customers; seek agreement for changes; and positively position the company.
- Identify potential commercial outlets and customers; involve marketing; and build the bridge from R&D to commercialization.
- Work with a team to identify customers and support sampling, positioning and marketing efforts to build the bridge from contract R&D to commercial product.
- Adopt and follow Aspen’s core values of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Teamwork, Customer and Innovation on both a personal and professional level.
- Innovative, strategic, and creative thinker
- Exemplary interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain long term and strong working relationships with customers.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent project management, presentation and facilitation skills, both as a project leader and contributor. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively lead and function within a diversified team.
- BS in Science discipline (Chemistry or Mechanical preferred) or Business Administration or 5+ years of equivalent work experience required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and MS Project.
- Prior program management experience a plus.
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: .
Aspen Aerogels, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (508) 466-3111 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.