The Back Up Cook pleases our guests by correctly preparing menu items to the highest standards of professional cooking. The Back Up Cook always uses Cracker Barrel's recipes and methods of food preparation. The Back Up Cook meets the company standards of quality, service, safety, sanitation, cleanliness, and hospitality in providing guests with the most satisfactory food possible.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Please our guests by correctly preparing menu items to our high standards of professional cooking
- Meets company standards of quality, safety, cleanliness and hospitality in providing guests with the most satisfactory food possible.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures, including those for safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies of safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift
- Be able to communicate with co-workers and managers effectively
- Stand for long periods of time
- Reach and lift overhead up to 25 pounds
- Work in hot and cold temperature extremes subject to fluctuations for long periods of time.
- Work in environment where smoke, fumes, steam, and other airborne particles are present
- Work around, handle, operate, and control hot equipment and products in a safe manner
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
In compliance with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other class expressly protected by law. Qualified applicants are considered for employment according to the laws of the respective state of employment. If you feel this policy has been violated, you may report such instances to the Employee Relations Department online (
) or toll free at 1 800-333-9566.