- The Biosimilars Sales Representative (BSR) is directly responsible for presenting Biosimilars and optimizing the business opportunities in targeted hospital accounts and clinics, and is fully accountable for compliantly managing direct account relationships in the competitive Biosimilars and Biologics arenas.
- The BSR will be required to demonstrate excellence in developing and executing on account specific action plans that lead to achievement of sales goals and objectives.
- Coordination and integration with Account Management teams and other Pfizer sales teams on strategies are required to ensure effective pull through strategies with key accounts as well as to effectively drive acceptance of promoted product(s) within a designated business area and geography.
- The BSR is accountable for helping gain hospital formulary acceptance, communicating contract terms and conditions, and eventual pull-through activities while managing key relationships such as key opinion leaders, allied healthcare professionals, leaders in client hospitals, and clinics within the territory.
- The individual will report to the District Manager of their respective area
Primary Customer Targets:
- Clinical pharmacists; Directors of Pharmacy, specialists such as, rheumatologists, gastroenterologists, oncologists; ancillary HCPs; and other allied healthcare professionals.
- Meet & exceed territory sales objectives, business objectives and manage territory budget.
- Develop & manage Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and cascade influence throughout territory.
- Deploy information to support the customer understanding and acceptance of Biosimilars and support the utilization of Biosimilars through compliant delivery of approved messaging.
- Leverage strong selling & influencing skills to engage customers in product discussions
- Display proficiency handling objections and reframing selling discussions.
- Implement marketing strategies, tactics and deliver key messages to drive uptake.
- Personal accountability to organize and drive educational presentations in key accounts to increase awareness, education and drive adoption of the Biosimilar portfolio.
- Establish key relationships with assigned customer accounts to achieve business goals
- Leverage scientific information to impact sales.
- Develop deep knowledge of the Pfizer Biosimilars HUB services which include patient support programs and the ability to effectively triage questions related to insurance claims.
- Comply with all Pfizer policies, procedures and code of business conduct.
- Attain Hospital credentialing as required.
- Solid selling skills and objection handling
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Committed to ownership & self-motivation
- High resilience
- Focus on integrity; strong commitment to compliance and Pfizer values
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical & strategic skills
- Proven prioritization skills with the ability to adapt to change
- Results-oriented and customer-focused
- Clear understanding how the medication can be accessed and purchased for use
- Purchase options include (1) hospital buying process (wholesaler or GPO) or (2) physician buys the product for the appropriate patient and bills the insurance once patient services have been completed.
- Understand billing codes for product and services rendered
- Managed care knowledge –understand the policy for the product and how it can be obtained based on the managed care policy and approval
- Understand HUB services – Verification of benefits for patients coverage
- Understand the terms & conditions of a contract for a given customer
- Hospital experience – Gaining product formulary acceptance and driving market share
- Ability and willingness to seamlessly work in a cross-functional environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond in role
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills without supervision
- The BSR is responsible for achieving sales targets and business objectives
- Managing territory budget
- Attain sales goals and business objectives. Utilize sound judgment to execute the franchise and company brand strategy and tactics within the assigned customer segment, which may include pharmacists, physicians, mid-level prescribers, nurses, billing, and other influential decision makers within key hospitals within a specific geographic area.
- Establish professional working relationships with key decision makers, support staff, and influencers within assigned customers, to support use of Biosimilars through developing and applying clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills.
- Deliver a targeted sales message based on accurate clinical information, utilizing approved marketing materials and medical reprints; discuss therapeutic strategies to educate decision makers.
- Execute marketing strategies at the local level, leveraging resources appropriately and working successfully with team members and counterparts to share ideas and information to enhance business results.
- Interface with and communicate effectively to customers and key influencers regarding product efficacy and safety, product availability, treatment protocols / formularies, supply and distribution, reimbursement and coding status, as well as all payer status.
- Strategically manage all allocated resources provided including financial/budgets, medical affairs, etc.
- Track and report all sales activity as required by District Manager and sales force effectiveness team.
- Work cross-functionally in a collaborative fashion across the Pfizer organization with other sales divisions and/or supporting team members to promote the biosimilars in a compliant manner.
- Use key account strategies to maximize efficiencies & impact.
- Demonstrate analytical and strategic thinking to identify opportunities.
- Develop, execute and maintain key account business plans.
- Collaborate with cross functional partners such as the marketing team, operations & medical to identify and develop business opportunities.
- Monitor and assess competitive environment and market dynamics to anticipate sales opportunities and prepare for potential objections as they relate to clinical, or other product-related challenges.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Consistent Top Sales Performer with: (either)
- 3 years of demonstrated success in Biologic and/or Hospital and/or clinic sales
- History of top sales performance
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategy and execute in complex environment
- Understanding of key hospital system account management within pharmaceutical industry
- Strong working knowledge of reimbursement landscape
- Ability to manage a large territory with up to 50% travel. Field based position with overnight travel, depending on business needs as required (ie. business travel, conventions, and quarterly meetings)
- Experience and understanding of hospital and clinic business organization affiliation, contracting, and managed care is a plus
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Successful candidates will possess an understanding of moving products through the P&T Committee process using selling skills and business acumen in order to develop and drive product acceptance.
- Previous experience with patient support programs
- Buy & Bill experience
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: February 11, 2019
- Additional Location Information: Philadelphia, PA
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.