Utilize your coaching-style leadership skills to take our manufacturing plant to the next level! We're seeking a positive individual, with that can-do attitude.
Ball Metalpack is the leading supplier of sustainable metal packaging for food and household products and the largest aerosol manufacturer in North America. Previously part of Ball Corporation, we're a newly formed company with 130 years of experience, and we're proud to continue our legacy as an industry leader in innovative, next-generation packaging solutions. Come join our 1,300+ team members in one of our 10 locations across the U.S. heartland.
Ball Metalpack is a Lean Manufacturing System environment.
Schedule: 4 on/ 4 off, Rotating Days to Nights
Primary Purpose of Position:
Supervise the department/plant production function as directed. Foster teamwork and employee engagement through Yellow Belt activities, crew huddles, and hands on support.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supervise and coordinate the employees and activities of the department/production function to ensure safety, quality, productivity, and housekeeping standards are met or exceeded.
- Facilitate the on-the-job training and development of subordinates' skills to ensure a continued high level of production and morale.
- Facilitate communications and dissemination of information between crew operations.
- Maintain production, spoilage, machine, and maintenance records.
- Responsible for monitoring machine parts and supplies for production equipment as needed to maintain their good working order.
- Evaluate products and machinery to ensure compliance with established quality and maintenance standards.
- Furnish preventative maintenance plans, work orders, schedules, results, and any revisions to the maintenance standards.
- Accesse, input, and retrieve information from the computer.
- Initiate, review, master, and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Perform downtime analysis and implement corrections to performance misses on their crew in Safety, Quality, and efficiency
- Participate in root cause and team problem solving events to improve plant performance
At Ball Metalpack, we offer a comprehensive, total rewards package including Competitive pay and Benefits package options:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid vacation and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Variety of company paid and voluntary insurance plans including life, personal accident and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
Ball Metalpack is proud to provide equal employment opportunity to individuals regardless of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, protected disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.