Seeking a General Maintenance Superintendent to provide direction and management of facility maintenance (including mobile, engineering and technical staff) so productivity is enhanced, costs are controlled, availability is improved, safety is maintained and product quality meets customer expectations. This position is located in Viburnum, Missouri.
- Manage and coordinate activities between maintenance and production: Prioritize work, assure adequate personnel are on site and parts are available. Look for ways to improve maintenance projects.
- Project Management: Identify, organize and plan projects. Reduce set up time and control man power time.
- Supervision: Provide direction and support. Provide training for ongoing improvement. Coach and set goals. Provide performance management through GPM process.
- Budgets & Requisitions: Generate and provide input for annual maintenance budget. Track costs and maintain budget. Adjust budget to reflect actual costs. Review requisitions for parts, tools, supplies. Make sure items are needed before forwarding for approval.
- Vendor Management: Meet with vendors, Identify problems and use comparison metrics to talk with vendors about alternate remedies. Look for ways to maintain or increase efficiency.
- Special projects and meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering highly preferred or equivalent industry experience.
- 5-7 years' hands on experience in industrial maintenance, maintenance engineering or operations maintenance management.
- Heavy Mobile Equipment experience required
- Capital project management skills and experience
- Vendor management experience
- MSHA/OSHA experience
Skills And Abilities
- Must be an effective communicator (verbal and written), able to offer technical expertise and guidance, building rapport with department team members and external departments.
- Continuous Improvement orientation, originating action to improve existing conditions and processes and identifying improvement opportunities. Able to generate ideas, and implement solutions.